knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Can't Get Anymore Behind

Waves of GrainI started knitting a lace sweater pattern from an old Sandra magazine....got about 1/2 way up the backside and decided that I wasn't enjoying the knit. So I frogged it. Now I'm working on Waves of Grain from an old summer Vogue (see photo). I obvously haven't gotten very far.

I did finish the little summer tankini top from July 15 (when I was knitting on the lazy river at the water park/July 15th entry.) Way cute on! I did it in the cotton/elastic yarn from Elann and while I find the elastic obnoxious to knit with, I love the feel of the finished garment.

Hyrna may be headed for the frogpond as well. I don't have the mental energy to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you those who have left encouragement. I keep promising myself that I'll have time to thank you all properly....and then the next thing I know, I'm late again.

4 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Your paintings are gorgeous! I can totally understand how the gallery sold 3 in a week.

 
At August 05, 2006 9:23 AM, Blogger rho said...

I'm so sorry you are stressed and behind but can I say WHOO HOOOOO on the gallery news - that is fantastic -- now get to work on more to send them so you can make more money to buy more supplies to work harder LOL

 
At August 13, 2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Mary Anne said...

Your paintings are beautiful and awe-inspring. Thank you for sharing.
ps: your knitting is great too!
cheers

 
At August 17, 2006 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sales! That's wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home