knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Happy Bastille Day!

Bastille
Tomorrow, July 14, is a significant day in French history. The storming of the Bastille. I don't know the entire history as a French person would, but I believe that it was when a prison run by the state was overrun by the French peasantry who had couragously challenged a dictorship style government. This painting represents that courage and will to fight for change and human rights. The butterfly wing represent s freedom; the lionness (in outline form all in the bottom 1/2 of the painting) represents courage, which we need to challenge any of our own old regimes, and Lady Victory heralds the way to remind me/them/us that it can be done with perseverence.


10 days since my last blog update. what's up?
-Hyrna is being tinked back to row 64. I have an error and can't find it. My stitch counts are different on each side of center, so all I know to do is to go back to where I know it was right before (here, we can ask why I don't have lifelines.).

-The sweater design for Vickie Howell is MOMENTS from being done. An edge stitch down the front and weave in some ends. Then I just need to do some multiple sizing calculations, and she's off in the mail! YAY ME!

-My son's karate teacher has been begging me to design a dog sweater for his Golden Retriever. BEGGING. PESTERING. (he's sweet, and gives my son a lot of extra attention.....like tonight when he punched him in the face!). So, not that I don't have anything else on the needles, I cast on 142 stitches. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing except a creamy off white color and a big cable. Nothing petite for this size dog.



My oldest daughter and granddaughter
are here visiting for the week. Isn't she beautiful! I've already started a painting of her (playing on the beach).

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger ICJ said...

mmmh... I had never heard of that painting but I am not an expert...

About history I know though... I am french! LOL

Read my post here and see links...

Isabelle aka Tricotine

 
At July 14, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Your granddaughter is gorgeous! I know your painting of her will be beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home