knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Hyrna Herborgar progress & art

lacey shingles cardigan without the drawstring
Lacey Shingles is now done. I've worn her all week both with the drawstring and without, and I'm thinking that I like her both ways. Do you have a preference.

Things are settling down medically at least for the family, although it seems I'm in forced high drive. All the basics are still being met, so I'm happy: time to teach, and time to knit.

After much struggle, even finding the meaning of the words, I just couldn't go on with Hyrna whilst looking back at all the mistakes I made. So I de-needled her (took the needles out) and frogged her yesterday morning. Tonight, I am in the exact same place as I was pre-frog, but without errors. The first time just worked out all the bugs and got me warmed up to her. Now I feel at least able to introduct her by, "Her royal highness, Hyrna Herborbar." Ms. Hyra Herborgar She's going well now, error free this time (knock on wook).

And my teachings: Last weekend the older students studied a work by Mary Cassett and did pencil drawings based on one of the girls Cassatt painted combing her hair. I thought they did a phenomenol job. Its tough to photograph pencil drawings so I'm posting two.
One of My favorite students

More student work

These are the wee ones! So sweet and so talented. The artschool wants me to open up a third clss to teach them (because there is a long waiting list and kids are having to be turned away). I haven;t decided yet. Right now, I have to remember, that my primary living source is not teaching, or knitting, but painting, and gallery sales. And I've got to meet with a gallery on Thursday this week with at least three paintings done. (uh.....they don't come out of this air). I worked on one today, but don't have a photo. anyway. they are wonderful, these children!
The 5-6 year old group

5 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 6:10 AM, Blogger Kim said...

OMG your work is gorgeous! You are obviously a great teacher because the drawings and paintings by the children are just darling.

 
At June 27, 2006 9:17 AM, Blogger rho said...

I want you to move here and teach me!!! I qualify as a kid even though the grey in my hair may make you think I don't.. .

rho

 
At June 30, 2006 7:04 AM, Blogger cathych said...

wow, that is just beautiful.

 
At July 03, 2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous lace, shingles and all.

I hope you are well and truly on the mend. It sounds just awful.

 
At September 12, 2006 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful talent. I wonder if I could afford you? (Paintings) And that's one of the few lace cardigans I think I'd actually wear -- if I could knit it. Looks hard, but it's wonderful! Your idea of a book is perfect. Looking forward to it.

Maureen
www.knitnoy.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home