knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

You get to pick the order!
The weekend starts with a frantic call from my daughter - get to the hospital NOW! I get there, and within 5 minutes, am taking an involuntary nap (I passed out) on the floor. Dominic, my curly haired life-has-rules-meant-to-be-pushed son has two elbows on his left arm. Now how, you ask, did he get a second elbow? Well, it took some doing on his part and involved a skateboard. I guess that the only way to do it right and create the effect of a second elbow was to break both bones all the way through, shatter the ulner, twist it through so it pops out through the skin, and then let your hand dangle at a 90 degree angle to the whole mess. It took the doctors over 4 hours to put humpty-dumpty back together again. Thank God for doctors and that we don't have to rely on all the king's horses and all the king's men. Broken Arm
Small Paintings These are all little jobbers I've done in the last week. The face is a Matisse study - the example I painted for the kids and then they did Matisse type portraits of each other. The other two are just small plein-aire paintings. This morning I went out and it was so wonderful to have the paintbrush in my hands again after too many days off. These aren't my typical large paintings, but I am selling them ($35 for the larger two, $30 for the smaller one - just email me if you're ever interested in the small guys....sherritzej@cox.net). There was a fourth one of some beach houses....but I got bought it from me while I was still painting it.
Grecian TankThis is all I've gotten done on the large sizing for the Grecian Tank. Instead of kasula, I'm using a dk weight yarn to see how much the guage changes (which, btw, for those who had requested the pattern in the small size, I forgot to put guage: With the kasula, on the twisted rib portion (2x2 with twist on fifth row), on the 4.5mm needles (I think thats a 7 American size), for a 3" square, is 12 stitches by 19 rows).

1 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 9:02 PM, Blogger rho said...

Humpty Dumpty is looking pretty good for all that -- If he tells you he has weird twitch pains (I don't know how else to describe it--nothing moves but it feels like you had a huge twitch and it hurts like the dickens) it is REAL.... believe me. Poor Mom -- did you hit your head when you went down or were you lucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home