knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Great Kasula Race...I think I'm losing

Kasula designing

How many hours does it take to knit 2 rows in lace for an accomplished lace knitter? 5 hours. hahahahaha....i'm not laughing at myself. I was so frustrated with my knitting last night that my daughter took it away from me and told me I didn't NEED to be knitting. I think I fell asleep about five minutes later. 5 freaking hours to do 76 stitches per row. If it was 1,076, then maybe I could see 5 hours....but this was just horridly humbling. I still don't know what I was doing wrong other than I was quite agitated with myself the entire day (it must be coming close to time for Aunt Flo to visit).

Regardless this morning, I tinked back about 4 rows (kasula does NOT like to be messed with) and started over and did about over 10 rows in about 1/2 an hour. deep breathe. lesson learned: don't take on designing a new lace blouse while stressed. especially with kasula.

outside of that, I love the kasula. It is a joy to see the colors coming out as they are....I wish you could see this in person. I have drawn out what I am designing, but I'm not going to let you peak at it just yet.

Italian Sunflowers
This is how you paint when you are frustrated. you take the canvas outside. saturate it with a garden house. then throw paint at it. and walk away.
...and while you're walking, you suddenly notice that sometime in the midst of your hectic weak the azaleas bloomed for you. Kinda puts life and priorities back in harmony again.

Spring Azaleas

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Very cool painting! Is that really how it was painted? Amazing!

I have the exact same color azaleas. It'll be a month or so before mine are blooming, however.

 
At March 26, 2006 6:10 PM, Blogger aija said...

Your kasula looks great! I have 2 hanks as well, do you mind sharing the size circs you're using? I'm toying with the idea of purchasing H&S ebony circs (inspired by your previous post!) and am trying to decide which and how many :)

Congrats on your crochet project selection, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home