knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Knitting Betrayal: I'm crocheting

Yep, I've been hooking it!


I figured its about time I put a picture of me up! This is me - sitting atop two dehumidifiers (I live in Florida). I think that for one of my next projects, I'm going to try to add here in this blog a video teaching knitters how to crochet. Its not hard! Its just different. If you are a left-hand carry, you'll find crochet exceptionally easy to pick up.

I'm also still doing work on my Kasula design. There's nothing much to show you all because I had to frog what I had done before because I felt like it was going to be too small. I'm just now back to the point where I was. A couple more inches and I will begin the arm shaping. KASULA ROCKS! I LOVE the smell of it (call me insane - its okay, you won't hurt my feelings!). When I pick up my knitting needles (size 4.5 holtz & stein rosewoods...deep sensual breath), it feels so like home. I miss knitting.

BUT: crochet has its wonderful blessings as well: I can lay it down whenever (there's no problems with getting to an end of a row because only 1 stitch is live at a time). And there's no bind off row (for some reason, I detest binding off.). And its going to be big in the next few years....REALLY big. I thing Happy Hooker is just the beginning of what you are going to see as a resurgence of crochet but in modern designs (not your grandma's granny squares).

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've been entertaining the idea of hooking. I have some knitting projects that I want to finish first before getting on the crochet bandwagon though. I am definitely buying the Happy Hooker when the time is right.

 
At August 27, 2006 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading your back entries, and I have to tell you that I love your red vest. I really envy your talent--L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home