knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Man, what have I been up to???? Its been a week since I've been here. I've been working in a coal mine it seems like.
- I had to write an essay on the Magna Carta. (3000 words for this world civ class I'm in....normally I've enjoyed it, but last week killed me. I'm not finding the middle ages too interesting.).
- Aunt Flo. she visited my 15 year old daughter, me, and my dog. all in the same week. (I'm sure you all wanted to know that lol!). it was....fun. I have no idea who was the crankiest.
- I've been (name-dropping) corresponding with Vickie Howell.....ooh! Like getting emails from her in my email box....I about died on the first one! But the one that came Monday morning sent me into the Happy Dance (my daughter said it was more a "spasdic dance"....thank you darling daughter who's had the priveledge of studying dance her entire life. I am rhythmically challenged.).

Okay - here's the scope...or at least all I can tell you....anymore and I'd have to hunt you down and kill you (remember: I'm mentally "rearranged", I tend to do things spontaneously......which is what I did last week. I haven't crocheted in years, but this cashmere that I've been working with just crochets beautifully. Then I heard that Vickie Howell New Knits on The Block/DIY network host was in plans for a book on crochet. I sketched out what I was doing....and hit "send". SHE"S GOING TO USE MY CROCHET DESIGN IN HER BOOK!!! (more happy dance). I can't show you the design.....but lets just say "Prada HOT" ....and I'm hoping there are stilleheto's involved.

one of my favorite little students
The art classes are going well. Next month I'm starting a group for the 8 and under - they really need to be in there own class and not in with the older kids (middle school agers).
I opened with a new gallery - this one is in Northern Alabama (that's a whole different country.).
and this is what I'm working on. Bet'cha can't tell at all what it is.
(hint: its orchids)


And ....I'm back in the freaking cast for another 6 weeks (this from a motorcycle accident last October....and what did I do this past weekend....I went out and looked at motorcycles. I WILL RIDE AGAIN!....just as soon as I mend from the last accident.)

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats! Corresponding with Vicki Howell!! I'm jealous! She seems soooo incredibly cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home