knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006




TUESDAY ALREADY!!!

My computer is sick (its running super dooper painfully slow and keeps timing out when I try to do anything on the internet....I'm suppossed to have high-speed internet.)

My child is sick.
My husband is sick.
I'm sick (Yes, mental counts...and yet they still leave me alone in a room with kids so I can teach them the ways of artistic lunacy.)(click on the photo of them...that's my group minus a few that weren't able to be there. This week we studied Monet's Regatta at Argenteuil. That's Ar-zjen-too....and you spit out that last syllable. They do good work!

My painting is...well...yesterday I decided to call it The Nature of Things....because it wasn't looking like much of anything (not that my paintings ever do). This morning, I'm a bit more pleased with it. Using astounding deductive reasoning, Kim correctly guessed that its is (suppossed to be) a group of Gerbera daisies. (never mind my orchid in the photo - its just their to confuse you....remember my mission, must drive the rest of the world mad so I'll appear as the normal one!). 1000 points to anyone who can guess where the butterfly is!

And the sweater which will inspire ugly sweater knitting across the world is taking shape. Here she is pretending to be a sweater on my dress form. One of the sleeves is knit to the armpit. Do you have any idea how many yarn ends will have to be woven in (1000 points to anyone who can guess to withing the closest 100!).

I have not had time this weekend to reply to any comments and I really really apologize. I will try to later today. Pooch asked if I sell my work - yes, its how I make my living. I sell through galleries and an agent, but I can send you listings of galleries you can contact to see work in personally if that was why you were asking (I have gallery locations throughout America, mainly concentrated in the south east. Email me at sherritzej@cox.net I also have a webpage which is

artwork of the mentally insane (Jeanette's artwork).

6 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 7:41 AM, Blogger rho said...

wow -- those Kiddos do great work - must be a fantastic teacher :D

rho

 
At February 28, 2006 8:28 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm guessing 75 ends to weave in.

 
At February 28, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger rho said...

Hey -- for your medal go to Yarn Harlot's blog (http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/) and you can grab them off of there to put on your blog. It sure is pretty isn't it :D

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind comment -- I love my felted bag

 
At March 01, 2006 4:34 AM, Blogger Annie said...

What cool work your kids do! And I love the pink and brown chevron sweater! Fabulous color choices!

 
At March 11, 2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Your students' paintings are so similar -- forgive me if this is insulting, but was that paint by number?

Again - I love your painting. My guess for the butterfly is that it's in the upper left corner with its wings folded up....

 
At March 13, 2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your computer might be slow because it needs a good cleaning: delete all the files from your web cache by selecting tools/internet options, click the delete file button and delete all off-line contend. You can also change the setting to save less history (then your cache doesn't get clogged up. Delete all other extraneous temporary files from c:\documents and settings\your name\local settings\temp. empty the recycle bin. NOW, run DEFRAG from the start menu (start-all programs - accessories - system tools - disk defragmenter. This may take a while-- set it and forget it (don't keep using the computer while this is running.)
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home