knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006


ARGH! Knitting Olympics start in just a couple of days and I'm swampled in homework (I'm back at school attempting to finish a fine art degree) and in my own preparations for class (I teach children's art at an art store)....plus I have to finish formatting the Wildflowers pattern for next week (its due to the editor).

Originally I signed up to do this Geisha Cape from Interweave Fall 03, but I don't think there is anyway I could do it. I knit a lot at my son's nightly karate lessons and my daughter's dance lessons as well as anywhere else I can....but I've started this cape before and its a bear to cart around. I think that I would get to frustrated with it at this point in my life.


So I've left comment back at the Yarn Harlot that I want to change my entry to this. I have some beautiful Chamoix in my stash that hasn't gotten cobwebs yet. I think this shrug is stunning and would love to do it in this scrumptious yarn THAT I ALREADY HAVE (note to self: my yarn diet has restarted as of this morning; it had technically started yesterday afternoon, but then this morning I encountered my first temptation, and failed. bad me. but who could resist Henry's Attic wool/silk worsted weight yarn, 1000 yards, at $39?).

alas, though, I was really looking forward to doing the Geisha.

Progress on the Vogue yoga wrap #16: I'm moving down the front side headed for the finish and then have one more arm to do, and the cap shaping on the first arm....the problem is that I've LOST my magazine! I hate having to go and buy another one, but it looks like that's going to have to happen.

1 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

both choise are lovely. I have the cabled shrug on my to do list for this year as well. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home