knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Olympic Victory! Cabled Shrug

(click on photo to see it larger)

Here she is getting ready to cross the finish line! All that's left is the seaming! We're on a trip to Pensacola where I need to go to King's Sewing and Yarn store. I'm suppossed to be on a yarn diet....I will not buy yarn.....I only have to go check on some of the labels for a sweater previously made that the publisher needs the names of the yarn for.....I will not buy yarn. (I bought yarn....lots of it. the motherload. )
And now here she is done!


I decided to add a border on the wrist edges because it was too plain. I also did not make it as long as it is in the original pattern (because it would have swallowed me).


And this is a small group of the kids I teach! (I teach art in a local art school to children one day a week.)

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger rho said...

ohhhh pretty.... Congratulations on finishing. Also the kid in the middle with the green shirt did a great job with the light shining on the apple....

 
At February 23, 2006 6:54 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh, I love the shrug! Fabulous! I really want one...I'll have to write it out! Congrats on your gold. All I have to do is some cord on the edges and I'm done...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home