knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Oh the joys of getting to spread insanity like the plague o'er the internet!!!

In true Drew Carey fashion, I'm awarding points to everyone, but just like in Who's Line is It Anyway (my top favorite television show), points acrue and amount to nothing.

Rho, I LIke your answer.....I really like it. you get 100 points.
Ann gets 100 points for finding the ginger cat (which I didn't see until I crossed my eyes).
JF gets 150 points because she came the closest to what the painting really is (which means she may be closest to me in levels of insanity).
However, Kim gets 1000 points for originality.....knitting needles???? I can't find them...e.vn when I squint... I think Kim might be knitting TOO MUCH.

Yesterday's painting is entitled "Orchid" (can you see it....she's beautiful!) and that's all it is (alot of times I do have hidden images in my works). No ginger cats, no colorful corn stalks, NO KNITTING NEEDLES, but the beauty of abstract art is that no answer is wrong, the viewer sees what they see and conjures up their own interpretations and associations....and any artist who tells you that you're wrong thinks that they wear the illustrious robes of Constantine.

Today's painting is right at its beginning. I know what I want in it, and there's a hint in the background. (remember: you can click on the photo to see it larger)



How does my floor get so messy???? (this photo is taken in my studio....don't worry, all that paint is dry). (You think the floor is bad, you should see the walls and the furniture!)

And then there's the knitting....I have no room to talk when I infer that someone knits too much.
(i'm up to the armpits on front and back and have finished the upper left raglan.).

5 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger rho said...

I may not know what a painting is but I am good at seeing things in them LOL I grew up down the road from Jackson Pollocks studio and Bill deKooning rode his bike past our house all the time and wanted to trade a painting for one of my dads carved birds (Dad said no - didn't care if he was famous he didn't like his work LOL - true bonacker there)

rho

 
At February 24, 2006 11:13 AM, Blogger rho said...

forgot to mention -- your floor is nothing compared to Pollacks LOL - and you have pretty colors too.

We actually did a farmhouse floor by putting a base color down then using paint stirres and drizzling different colors all over it and sealing it with a sealant - it looked great. So your floor is a good start to that. With the fun of remembering what painting you were working for which colors.

rho

 
At February 24, 2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

Jeanette--
I love-love-love the vibrancy of your paintings. Absolutely beautiful!! Do you sell through a gallery?

:)

 
At February 25, 2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Are we guessing on this painting too? I see a gerbera daisy in the background that is the same color as the painting...could it be that obvious?

And I do so see hands and knitting needles in the orchids :-) on the right is definetly a hand and the stalks are the needles....mumbles to self as she goes of to knit some more...I do not knit too much, I do not knit too much...

 
At February 26, 2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm honored. I really do love your painting, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're similar in insanity...

jf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home