knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Cabled Shrug


Here's the progress on Interweave's Cabled Shrug. On the eve before the Winter Olympics, I realized that there was no way I would be able to read that chart - it would be too slow and confusing, and errors were bound to occur.....so I wrote THE ENTIRE thing out in knitting nomenclature....6 pages worth....line by line.

This project has an omen on it that has me questioning my sanity about doing it. I'm not an overly experienced cabler - I can do it, but its not what I do well. I've been discouraged this weekend about my slow progress....so I explored on line to see if any other knitters in blogs before had left notes about their experience with this pattern. I found example after example of people that never finished. (!) Seems like getting through the first repeat was about where most people just stopped.....probably threw it in their pile of ufo's (not that any of us do that). Most comment complaint: can only knit when there are no distractions, ie. after kids are in bed. Its the chart.

I'm going to keep going anyway. I love the feel of the Chamoix and the soft subtle color in the bisque. I think that I should have used a 10.5 instead of an 11 needle, but I'm not starting over. I had to do that late Friday night after seeing that the 10 was knitting too tight of a fabric.

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh, now see? Yours is beautiful! Man, I'll have to chart this out. Thanks for the nudge.

 
At February 15, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The shrug looks great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home