knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006


Hey All! (not that there is anyone there, but since I'm declaring myself insane, I'm allowed to talk to myself! (the voices give me permission today).
If you haven't noticed....I changed the name of my blog....why? Because I've been doing housework....and knitting....instead of knitting instead of housework.
(don't worry, I'll have you insane before you know it and then you'll be able to follow me!).
This is my new painting. Guess what it is! Anyone who guesses gets the prize! (no prize, remember, I'm insane so I can do that!). (in real life no one else gets me either....I'm one of those weirdo artist types....my poor kids and family....they have to live with me).

so that yarnage I succumbed to yesterday? Yea....I wrote to the knitting chicks that its just not fair about those knitting stores....putting that yarn up in such provocative ways....makes it like I've gone into the Chippendales photo shoot and their letting me pick which one(S!) I want to take me to lunch. I'm sorry....I have no willpower when it comes to that kind of temptation.
so here it is (part of the is that it is....the rest is in another bag (which includes some louet wetspun linen)....because when I break my yarn diet, I break it bad.....kinda like those chocolate hoho's I ate last night and the whole milk chai latte (should be outlawed, its so good).



and here's what its becomming.....recognize the pattern....yea, i'm obsessed with chevrons....and I really like my Wildflower's Wrap (and keep wearing it, which I shouldn't because it has to be photographed for the book still)....so I'm making another one.

6 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger rho said...

Well let me preface this by the fact that I love the picture even though my guess of what it is will be wrong heheheh

it looks like a colorful cornstalk. Maybe what a cornstalk that grows indian corn (the one that has so many colors in the kernals) should look like :D

 
At February 22, 2006 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog today!

I really really love that painting (as well as the others you've posted). I'd guess that this one is lilies of some kind. I don't know flowers well enough to know what type have lily petals with a calla lily-like stamen, but that's what I see.

???

 
At February 23, 2006 6:39 AM, Blogger Kim said...

The painting looks like flowers but for some reason I can almost see two hands knitting!

(I think I am the insane one here heehe)

 
At February 23, 2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Don't you love Nature Wool?! And, we are chaneling eachother again, I'm obsessed with chevrons as well! I've got Jaywalker socks and a chevron baby blanket going, but what is this shawl? And the book?

 
At February 23, 2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Ok, and the painting. Beautiful. I see a garden (flowers and stalks and leaves) with a ginger cat behind it all eyeing something...close?

 
At March 03, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

I love it. I'm going to guess orchids against an ochre wall. Because I like typing the word 'ochre'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home