knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Friday, February 10, 2006


I've made some progress on Vogue's yoga wrap (#16, Winter 2006) despite still not finding the magazine. This is a shot of it on my dress form (I highly recommend these things if you do a lot of garment knitting). I'm thinking that I want to pick up stitches on the arm hole and knit a cap sleeve rather than the long attached sleeves in the pattern. Anthropologie has a similar sweater done with cap sleeves that I could probably wear a lot more (given that I live in Florida - still deciding though). For now, this gets put aside because.....

KNITTING OLYMPICS ARE TODAY!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! All week long I've pet my yarn or squeezed it (think: old Charmin commercials).


This be her (one of 9). I am definitely doing the cable wrap. Last night I looked on line for any blogs or information I could glean for troubleshooting the pattern. I was alerted that I NEED to take a close look at those charts - and I'm so glad! I can't read them - they are not reader friendly - and I don't read charted cable patterns well (I prefer charts normally). So I'm doing the painful operation of handwriting out the directions line by line (that way I don't have to keep track of which chart I'm on, and the 3 different line counts that I would have to keep track of).


This last photo is of a shrug in the Holiday 03 Family Circle. Someday I want to make it.

1 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Annie said...

You and I are chaneling each other! I want to knit the yoga wrap too...it's on the list and I've got the yarn -- some of Judy at smatterings.com silk and wool. I also like the dress maker's dummy idea. You are a wealth of information, Jeanette! (in case you can't tell, I'm going through your blog and you'll get my comments in reverse order... ;) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home