knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Friday, January 20, 2006

...and the winner is!





In this first photo, we see "the skinny boy" who is not to be mistaken as the real Napolean Dynamite even though his hair is dead on and when he puts on his dad's old military glasses and does the disco....well, its too scary of a picture....
Presiding over the official event is Gidget, the maltese. She's watching to make sure that no foul play (or treats coming out of the hat) is going on. (and if you look closely, there is a floating white dot between Gidget and my son....that is the glean off of the eye of our invisible dog, Mona....actually she's not invisible, she's a black cocker spaniel).

And he draws...."Show me the winner!" ....mom can't wait...."Show me!" he turns the piece of paper over, me with my camera in hand take a photo (I saw it on someone else's blog) and the camera flash completely white-out's the name and blinds my son who just had a vision field test done this morning (he has an automimmune disease that attacks his eyes and hearing....he's already lost one ear to it). Mom looks at the camera and fumbles to turn the flash off, and now the winning name emerges: its Amie!!!

So now I will try to contact you to get your address or you can email me at sherritzej@cox.net.


I have been knitting more flowers: did one in cloud 9 angora/merino in a salmony color, another one in a handpainted tweedy type yarn, and another red alpaca. I've also been working on my pink chocolate sweater - now have the chevrons done on one sleeve and have started the other, but I'm going to run out of yarn...so, that means that today I will be taking a trip to a not so close LYS (about an hour and a half drive) for Montera.

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2006 5:18 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh, how fun! what do you need from me?

This is the second contest in a year I've won by having someone's son pull my name - and I NEVER win things! I think I'm going to have to start hiring sons to decide contests!

 
At January 20, 2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Jeanette said...

amie: I have to get your address so that I can mail it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home