knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Poor Mona

Mona
I think I know what she was feeling today when she carefully picked her little fluffy bunny toy up and carried it up onto the window table, set it on the window sill, and then laid her head down on top of the rabbit. She needed a pillow. It was raining outside and there was nothing else to do but look out and watch the raindrops fall. If you look carefully in the photo you can see her little rabbit. I think that if Mona were a knitter, she would want angora.

I'm in a lot of pain. I see why people get depressed when they have shingles. I just can't get away from the pain. The doctor upped the darveset (pain med) and tomorrow I'm going back in to see them. I've got a big bumper crop of them coming out. This just seems more like the actual chicken pox than shingles. My back is covered in them and I'm so fatigued. amazing lace KAL
I'm attempting still to knit. This is my next design project. I was going to do it with diagonal lines, but I couldn't concentrate enough. And tonight I'm ready to frog the whole thing and just forget it.

My art kids
On a pleasant note: I got this photo emailed to me from the artschool I teach at. Its one of my 5 year old classes. They did those bears free hand! Its so personally rewarding to see these kids as they learn the techniques of art and are proud of their works. They are an awesome group and one of my major sources of energy.

4 Comments:

At June 02, 2006 6:30 PM, Blogger rho said...

You poor thing - there is nothing worse than shingles -- if you can cut away the material around where the shingles are it may help as long as you don't go where wind can blow on it. I have an uncle who had them and a good friend who had them and remember how they suffered.

 
At June 03, 2006 5:33 AM, Blogger bethc said...

Hang in there and take pride in those bears, they're amazing!

 
At June 03, 2006 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are in that much pain. I hope you recover soon.

Those teddy bear drawings are amazing! You have great students and must be a great teacher!

 
At June 05, 2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

How do you teach five year olds to draw like that? That's amazing!

Wish I had some helpful advice about the shingles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home