knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Friday, March 03, 2006

12" Addi circular for swap


Stupid Defunct stitch holder....doesn't hold stitches, its too dang slippery; its too long to be a cable needle; too cumbersome to be a dpn; no place to thread yarn through so I can't sew with it......and it is most definitely WORTHLESS to me as a knitting needle....I DON"T CARE WHAT ADDI SAYS IT IS! I paid retail for this thing at my LYS (not cheap) and I can't figure out how to use it. Its essentially an unused needle, 12" size 7 (on the long cable part it reads: addi Made in Germany 30cm 4.5 mm) (I know this is a really bad picture of it, but it was holding down the band on my new sweater....click on the photo if you want to see it better).

I kept hearing all these praises about addi and this little 12" circular, but I can't figure out how to use it, and don't want to. If you know how to use this thing, or have desire for it, make me a swap offer. I like oddball yarn (a skein or two of whatever is in your stash), buttons, dpn's, chai, starbucks, shawl patterns, stuff. and chai (tea bags or loose).

Do you want to see what real needles look like? I got these babies in the mail yesterday. They are Holtz and Steins. I love them in both ebony and rosewood. The cord is nice and fluid, never stiff or in the way. The join never catches the yarn. The needles are warm and glide like silk. I do most of my knitting on these needles.
I emailed this lady: Rosemarie (never fear, she speaks English quite well) who sells them at the cheapest rate I've found (including shipping,it was about $32.00 to have two needles sent to me from Germany....most places its about $20 to $25 including shipping to have 1 sent). Shipping was fast - 8 days. I've gotten them also from Catherine's Knits in NewYork before, excellent service, but she is nearly out of them and it is rare for a US store to have them. (they're handmade in Germany) If you are truly interested in learning more about these needles, read Knitter's Review thread on them.

And OH how I love to be on yarn diets! I'm on a yarn diet....really....REALLY. But these came in the mail yesterday, so they don't count as cheating. They're from a yarn coop I joined earlier this year. The first is two different shades of a manos like (ebay, 100purewool ). I think that the grayer colorway is going to become a lady eleanor. Not sure about the other color yet. The second photo is the autumn colorway from fleece artist, both in angel curls and kasula. not sure what i'm doing with those yet. what could you dream of?

3 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We both chose the same 100wool in that orage/raspberry...what are you doing? i have 2 skeins. i bought it to felt a small bag or Denise needle case, but it's too soft! It needs to be against skin!

 
At March 05, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger aija said...

Those are great pics-- I've been eyeing the holz & steins forever now, and received some kasula of my own too! (Hercules & cosmic dawn). Still don't know what to do with it :)

 
At March 08, 2006 12:39 PM, Blogger BJ said...

I bid on and won some wool from 100purewool -- thinking I was bidding on a color close to the grey/purple/pink skein in your picture -- but I got skeins that are grey/rust/dark beige :-(

Yes, it is gorgeous yarn, and as soft as can be. I'll definitely find good use for it, but not for the project I had planned on.

Enjoy the purple!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home