knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Starting Lady Eleanor



I finished my latest design Sunday afternoon and got a chance to wear it yesterday. What an awesome yarn! Its euroflax's opal - lots of spring for the ribs which made the garment hug exactly as it needed to. This sweater will definitely be made again. Any name suggestions for the pattern???

The next work-in-progress is Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. The yarn is from 100purewool - can't remember the color name. I don't know yet if I'm loving it in this design, however I've always wanted to make Lady Eleanor and I ordered this yarn earlier this year from a co-op for it. The yarn is scrumptiosly soft but the colors in each hank are inconsistent - maybe a trademark of hand dyed yarn (I don't know).

Excitement for me though is that I taught myself yesterday how to knit and purl backwards so that I don't have to keep flipping the project back and forth with each entrelac row (every 8 stitches the scarf has to be turned which I could see greatly slowing down this project).
Thanks Cindy and Maureen for leaving comments!

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Minnesota Mazzio's said...

Question for you? I am doing the scarf as well and when I pick up the selvage and knit, I can still see the holes? Can you? Or is it my knitting?

Casey

Ps yours looks great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home