knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Friday, September 08, 2006

a new endeavor


I've decided that I am going to take all these patterns that I write and over the next season, write a book. My vision is that it will somehow cover the beauty of the art of knitting. I'm tired of feeling teensy bits of shame when I'm out in public knitting - like it means that I must be a boring or withdrawn person (um....except that I am more than slightly boring and withdrawn lol!). Maybe writing out my thoughts on why I knit might help me to be able to explain to others about its draw. Knitting is beautiful and it perplexes me still how as I watch each stitch come off of needles that somehow those stitches combine into something incredible that I could never purchase (I'm talking about a lot more than just a sweater or pair of socks....its that inner sense of accomplishment and achievement.).

So here's to life, art and a new book.

Pictured here is my newest sweater pattern. knit from the top down in a pretty chevron pattern. The yarn is Euroflax's Opal.

Don't forget to keep up with me on my art page listed in the sidebar Art in the Open Air.

2 Comments:

At September 08, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette, writing a book is a great idea. You are so talented, I for one will buy it!

Good luck!

cindy

 
At October 17, 2006 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first look at your blog---what talent! I'd love to see a book with your designs in it. This top-down aqua sweater is a beauty! I'd like to buy the pattern. Thanks, Vicki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home