knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

By George, the girl can knit!


I finished the other linen top and love it. This one fits a bit (a way bit) looser than the white one I did last week and is primarily knit, yet with a crocheted decorative seam treatment. I'm calling it "Bias Linen Top" . very original. its knit on the bias, its linen, and its a top.

Hey, how you liking that tan....its real, earned the old fashioned way - working out in the sun.....except today, I'm 3/4 of the way done with a painting being done at a PUBLIC park, the Chamber of Commerce had just come and taken my photo (because they thought it would be a good promotional photo), then this security guy shows up from nowhere on this two wheeled upright motorized wheeled thing and tells me, "Artists aren't allowed to paint here. Only at the rest stops and the swimming holes." (and anywhere else we try to hide away the lowly scum of the earth). So I didn't get to finish my painting.

Freaky Offspring Photo
When one can't paint, then one must knit. I found a half skein of some blue sky cotton (yummy yummy) in pale pink and started on another lacey tank. I swear I'm going to write a book of all these designs and call it, "How Many lacey tanks does a Florida girl need?" Its being knit from the top down and is so far following Barbara Walker's Roman Stripe from Book II. BTW: The Walker treasuries are must have books for every knitter. I only have vol. 2 & 3. I want 1 next.

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2006 10:21 AM, Blogger rho said...

when the weekend is over I would contact the Chamber of Commerce and tell them what happened - I cannot believe that crud....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home