knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Quiet Place on Mother's Day

Gazebo at Destiny Lake on an early Summer evening
After babysitting the husband all day who, following his retina attachment surgery over the weekend, must lay flat on his stomach with his face down at all times for 1 full week, I decided late this afternoon that I could leave him and go paint for an hour with my daughter. It was a wonderful ending to a very quiet yet odd mother's day.

I pulled out the red cashmere last night to get a feel for it. I thought I wanted to design something out of it, but I think instead that I am either going to do the Pink Mimosa sweater from Interweave or this Garnstudio sweater.

I've also cast on for a self-designed top out of the apricot colored linen I got yesterday. Its not going to be as form fitting, more flowly, and working on a bias cut design. Something again for layering over tank tops. This time I'm knitting, and while I don't hate the linen - I can see what people mean about it being hard on the hands a bit. Its actually only where I have to grasp the garment as I'm knitting that the tips of my fingers seem to not like. The actual yarn going through my fingers is not bothersome.

That's it for tonight. I'm taking an ambien and going to bed. Tell me if you like the painting - because I'm seeing things that need tweaked, and I don't want to ruin the feeling I have captured in it already by over tweaking. How does it make you feel when you look at it?

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

THanks for the comments on the doll - the paintings are fabulous! BTW, you might get some books on tape for the hubby -- it really helped a friend of mine who had to have the same surgery to retain her sanity.

 
At May 30, 2006 6:54 PM, Blogger KNITWHIT said...

First, you're a wonderfully talented painter. I love your style and choices of work. Secondly, I'm so glad I read this post because it led me to garnstudio! Holy, smokes! So many free patterns! I'll NEVER leave this danged screen at this rate!
Thanks a million! LOL!
Maureen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home