knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Monday, May 22, 2006

start of another linen top

Readying for the Performance
This is a rarity for me - I don't like doing commissions anymore in art, but I'm enjoying seeing this one come out. The little redhead is so cute!

Linen Bodice
so what am I doing for me? Knitting up another summer linen bodice! I am over half done with this design and I'm still on my first skein. I can see that it will break into the second skein, but not by much. I'm just showing you it pinned on the dressform, she's not seamed yet, and I still have part of the back to do and one more section in the front, but you can see the what's going on.

Trees at Mullet Festival SiteAnd here's one for all the super-shy-but-its-that-time of the year again - I hate the church Picnic - types! I get so uncomfortable at large going ons. I'm just innately shy. Innate - is that the right word??? But my husband, mister social butterfly, loves these things, and really likes to go. So this is where I was yesterday: in my own little world. I brought my paints and easel and set up on the outskirts of the group. This canopy of trees looked so sheltering and cool on a warm afternoon. It was fun to paint. My husband came by and was like, "you moved some of the trees." Artists can do that.

2 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 6:45 AM, Blogger cathych said...

wow, that is beautiful.

 
At May 24, 2006 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette, again, another beautiful top!

cin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home