knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Not Your Momma's Knitting - Released book

Here's a photo of my sweater (Wildflowers Wrap) and its accompaning little wildflower from the just released Heather Dixon's Not Your Momma's Knitting. The book is amazing and filled with beautiful projects like hats (my favorite is one that has little holes in it for pigtails to stick out of), felted laptop case, and an awesome bathrug, as well as beautiful sweaters designed for creative knitting. (Amazon- Not Your Momma's Knitting.


















The red sweater is the progress on my latest design done in Colourmart Cashmere DK weight. One side has already been washed of the oil and dried in the dryer so I could see how much shrinkage would occur. The cashmere tends to shrink more vertically - here I didn't get any shrinkage horizontally. The bloom was phenomenol. I wish I could somehow capture in photo the softness of this yarn that comes after the washing process. The bloom could be described as kindof like the thickening of wool yarn after felting, except instead of becoming stiff and rigid, the cashmere because oo-la-la soft and squishy. After seeing how little horizontal shrinkage I got, I've had to frog the back of the sweater and am now redoing it because I don't want to do the pleats in the back. Watch this sweater - its not a wrap!

5 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Wildflowers Wrap! It's beautiful! I, too, am a big fan of Colourmart cashmere!

 
At September 19, 2006 7:34 PM, Blogger Speckel said...

Stephie26 from knitty here. I have to say, your sweaters are beautiful! I especially love Wildflowers Wrap, and the one you posted about on 8/27. Gives me hope that I can make something nice out of a variegated yarn.

 
At September 20, 2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the Wildflowers Wrap is gorgeous! I'm going to have to get the book!

Great work.

 
At September 22, 2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

Wow, that wrap is so nice! Really innovative design and the flower's so pretty too! Congratulations on getting published!

 
At September 26, 2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Your knitting is beautiful! Keep on knitting!

Raeknits

 

Post a Comment

<< Home