knitting, that's it. and "Hi Mom"

knit and art. knit and art. knit and art.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Rapunzel & Lady Eleanor



This is the story of two fair maidens, Lady Eleanor & Rapunzel, who were left by their caretaker to knit themselves. And what did they do? nothing. The caretaker remembered them in their half finished state and decided to do something. In one day, she got 3 tiers done, or were those tears (I think it was some of both, but that would be the tale of David and Jeanette, who's story is one of tragedy so better for a different forum). Rapunzel will be gotten to. Why such an odd photo? Because she is bare-breasted on her left side(that's all I have left and then the sleeve.....interesting what I've started doing on sleeves....I knit them right on the finished garment so there is no seaming....it works out beautifully, just a bit heavy on the hands as you pick up stitches each row (rather than picking up all at once).



Anonymous Lisa, who left a comment on my last post, yes, I'm doing better, but I must ask: are you the Lisa who used to live her? Or the Lisa....? I'm sorry that I have to ask, but I'm quite curious but cannot email you.

btw: today is my birthday.

7 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 4:24 AM, Blogger Lanea said...

Welcome to the KR Webring.

 
At November 27, 2006 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never posted a comment to you or anything. I just enjoy your blog. lisamaesc@yahoo.com

Lisa in Liberty, SC

 
At December 05, 2006 3:41 PM, Blogger Stitchcounter said...

I've been slacking on my blog reading so I'm just catching up. First, I'm glad you are feeling better. Second, when (if) you can, I would like to know more about the sleeve technique you used on Rapunzel. Will this pattern be available or is it just for fun? I have used the SWS and also really like it so I'm glad its working out for you. FYI, it felts very nicely as well.

 
At December 22, 2006 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette, I haven't visited in a while, I've moved and have not had a lot of time.

Hope you are doing well. Have a great holiday season, here's to a wonderful new year full of knitting.

 
At December 31, 2006 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in and seeing what new work you've got. Have a wonderful New Year! I hope 2007 brings you health, happiness, and lots of great yarn. :)

 
At January 11, 2007 11:18 AM, Blogger Janet said...

You've been tagged on my blog!!!!
Have a Great Day :)

Janet

BTW, love the Lady Eleanor :)

 
At January 17, 2007 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I really like Rapunzel. I tried to knit Lady Eleanor and finally gave up because I found it so boring. I ended up making it into a pillow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home